Oakland has everything you need to make your movies "reel":
• Diverse surroundings - Lakes, parks, waterfronts, bay views, cityscapes, hillsides and more. What else could you need?
• Great weather - Average annual temperatures hit the 60's and 70's, perfect for a film shoot.
• Convenient public transportation and an international airport - BART and AC Transit are extensive, reliable services to ease transportation woes.
• Affordable hotels, restaurants and nightlife - A great place to explore during your time off.
• Unique architecture - Victorians, Edwardians, Craftsmans and much more! See our location gallery for pics.
• Scenic views - From the Port of Oakland to the Chabot Space and Science Center to Skyline Boulevard, the views are unbeatable.
• Large film community and local crews - We have thousands of excellent referrals. Call us and we'll find what you are looking for.
• Less congestion - Oakland has less traffic than San Francisco or Southern California. For you, that's less planning and headache and more satisfaction.
• Close to Los Angeles - We're an hour's flight from L.A. So, why not shoot your project here?
• Friendly Film Office - We're here to help with all your location needs. Call us!
Type: Regional Film Office
The California Film Commission (CFC) coordinates with the over 60 Regional Film Offices to help promote and facilitate filming throughout California. Regional Film Office Partners support productions that wish to film in a local region. They operate as part of their jurisdiction's chamber of commerce, county, city, or convention and visitors bureau. Regional Film Office Partners have a knowledge of production and will coordinate film location activities when a production company wishes to film in their area. We recommend that your first call should be to the local Regional Film Office Partner. It could save you a lot of time, money, and energy. updated 1.6.2012 / 5.8.2012 / 5.24.2012 / 6.13.2012 / 3.4.2013 lm/ 7.16.14 eg / 1.8.2015 / 8.15.2015 lm / 10.2.15 / 12.11.2015 lb / 12.20.2016 lb / 4.17.2018 / 11.30.2018 / 4.18.2020 lm
|Alameda County - René C. Davidson Courthouse ...||712||1225 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA|
|Amtrak Station, Oakland||1459||245 Second Street, Oakland, CA|
|California State University, East Bay / fka C...||884||25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA|
|Claremont Resort And Spa||364||41 Tunnel Rd, Berkeley, CA|
|Clawson School||934||3315 Magnolia St, Oakland, CA|
|Dunsmuir-Hellman Historic Estate aka Dunsmuir...||1770||2960 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA|
|Elihu Harris State Building||5913||1515 Clay Street, Suite 113, Oakland, CA|
|Grand Lake Theater||680||3200 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA|
|Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center - CLOSED - ...||7554||10 10th St.,, Oakland, CA|
|Hotel Oakland||388||270 13th Street, Oakland, CA|
|Lake Merritt||1686||568 bellevue ave, Oakland, CA|
|McLaughlin Eastshore State Park (SP) - East B...||7549||347 Marina Blvd, Berkeley, CA|
|Metropolitan Oakland International Airport||1391||One Airport Drive, Oakland, CA|
|Mills College||896||5000 MacArthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA|
|Oak Knoll Project Area - former Oak Knoll Nav...||2456||8750 Mountain Boulevard, Oakland, CA|
|Oakland City Hall||764||1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza,, Oakland, CA|
|Oakland Global Trade & Logistics Center - for...||2157||Murmansk Street, Oakland, CA|
|Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum||1247||7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA|
|OK Stereo Loft & Event Space||10134163||299 3rd St, Oakland, CA|
|Paramount Theater, Oakland||2181||2025 Broadway, Oakland, CA|
|Produce Market District||614||2nd & Webster Streets, Oakland, CA|
|Sugarsweet Cookie + Cake Studio||10150491||5855 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA|
|Theodore Roosevelt Junior High School||965||460 Arguello Boulevard, Oakland, CA|
|Washington Inn||468||495 Tenth Street, Oakland, CA|